Victor is a highly trained and gifted SAT specialist. He is avaliable for in-home SAT tutoring for the South Bay cities of Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa, Torrance, and Palos Verdes. He also tutors most levels of Math and English.
Victor is a top SAT tutor with one of the leading SAT Prep companies
in Southern California. He completed the National Tutoring
Association training and certification course at El Camino College.
He has also developed and taught training seminars for Shamrock
Tutoring in Torrance.
Since 2007, he has tutored over 60 private students from Palos Verdes to Pacific Palisades. In 2009, he began teaching full-size SAT classes at two prestigious private high schools in the Beverlywood district of Los Angeles. In 2010, Victor launched an outreach program teaching a non-profit SAT course to underserved Los Angeles students. He supervised and trained the group of seven South Bay tutors with his own proprietary test prep curriculum.
NEW* HSPT (High School Placement Test) test prep: This test is taken by 8th graders applying to private high schools such as Loyola, Marymount, Notre Dame Academy, Bishop Montgomery etc. Victor offers proctored diagnostic HSPT tests and score summary reports at his office in Torrance for $40.
"I took my ACT this past weekend and because of your help and my trust in myself I'm pretty sure I did amazing. I felt great about it. Thank you for everything. The math was WAY easier this time because of what we went over!" Sophia D., Burbank
"I got my SAT results back and I'm very happy. I got an 1810 . . . Everything you taught me helped a lot and I would not have done as well without your help." Parker F., Long Beach
"Your services and insights as a tutor surpassed our expectations. Our son has definitely improved his study habits and attitude towards homework." Tony C., Rancho Palos Verdes
"Our daughter is doing much better at math with your help. We're very happy that we found you, I wish we started with tutoring a little earlier!" Susan D., El Segundo
Says Victor..."An initial consultation with parents and their child has been an excellent way to begin developing the best SAT study plan for the student, " explains Victor. " Every student is unique, so I adapt my approach of teaching them successful methods based on their own strengths and weaknesses."
His tutoring goals include not only higher test scores, but also improving study skills, promoting independent learning, and increasing confidence.
For SAT & ACT prep he provides the following:
- Half off his usual rate for a consultation with the parents & student to determine their college & test goals and begin developing an effective study plan.
- SAT/ACT workbook, full practice tests, and a binder with strategy guides & worksheets.
- DISCOUNTED RATES available for small groups of students. He also offers a 4-hour crash course seminar for clients seeking test prep on a budget.
INDIVIDUALIZED APPROACH: " An initial consultation with parents and their student has been an excellent way to begin developing the best SAT study plan for the student, " explains Victor. " Every student is unique, so I adapt my approach of teaching them successful methods and techniques based on their own strengths and weaknesses. "
EXPERIENCE: Since 2003, Victor has worked with students from middle-school to college level, including those with learning disabilities such as dyslexia and ADHD. "It's exciting to see when a student 'clicks' with a concept, truly understanding it and able to apply it to their work. The student is empowered and their confidence is boosted," he says.
Victor grew up in the South Bay and enjoys bicycling, writing, and filmmaking. In 2009, his public service announcement "Teen Drinking" won Honorable Mention as a Finalist in the American Tea Council's online video scholarship competition.
- SAT Prep: one-on-one and small groups
- ACT Prep
- SAT 2 Subject Tests: Biology, Chemistry, English Literature, Math levels 1 & 2, European History, U.S. History.
- Non SAT academic subjects...
- Math: Algebra, Geometry, Trig, Pre-
- calculus, Statistics.
- Science: Biology, Chemistry.
- English: Essays, Research papers,
- Creative writing
Rates: One on one in home SAT prep tutor lessons for Victor are $70 per hour.
- Redondo Beach CA (home town)
- Manhattan Beach
- Palos Verdes Peninsula
- Hermosa Beach
- El Segundo
- San Pedro
EDUCATION & HIGHLIGHTS
- California State University, Dominguez Hills:
B.S. Business Finance candidate, Biology minor
El Camino College, Torrance:
A.S. General Science
- Recipient: Thomas Riddle Scholarship for Natural Sciences; Foundation Donors Scholar
- California School of Culinary Arts, Pasadena:
- Le Cordon Bleu culinary and pastry arts.
- University of California, Los Angeles:
English Literature & Film Studies
Member of Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society
- West High School, Torrance:
1995 Academic Decathlon member, 2nd place in California, L.A. County Champions
- National Merit Scholar (based upon PSAT scores)
To set up a consultation or session with Victor, please call 310-720-0174 or click the Email link to the left.